Home

I think I’ve mentioned that the kids and I recently moved to a new place.

Yeah.

A townhouse about 10 miles away from where we used to live.

To other folks, it’s probably pretty unremarkable.

But to us…it’s home.

Which is kind of awesome.

Because I’ve been looking for one for an awfully long time.

Before we moved in:

After:

(Here’s the kids sitting in front of the fire, covered in blankets, playing with their electronics.)

Comments

1. Meredith says:

You’re coming to decorate my house. WOW is all I can say.

2. Amy says:

Home.sweet.home!

3. Alissa says:

I have so many favorite things about these, but the photo wall up the stairs is brilliant. Plus, every time you get tired of the climb, you just look to the right and the answer is there. It’s a metaphor AND darling, congrats on the new digs :)

4. Jenny says:

Wonderful! May you make many fantastic memories.

5. Nikki says:

You did a fantastic job making it very homey!!
    And that IS a really big deal!

6. Lindsey says:

It looks beautiful. I hope you all create memories that make it the home you’ve been waiting for through all of this.

7. Olivia says:

I must say I’m still way behind you on courage and creativity. The kids and I are still living in the home husband/Dad left us in. Remember your post a while back about how you were the one left with the wedding pictures up on the walls, but it would be too abrupt a change for the kids to take them all down immediately? (I think you said–hey, I have a Ph.D in this stuff, yo? Love that comment.) Anyhow, it’s been a while and I’m thinking about taking down some of that old art and stuff. So thanks for the pics of your new home looking great. It’s empowering to see–it really is. Thank you. -O

8. Andi says:

Hi Tara! Have you ever considered a career as an interior decorator! Love those new colors – they go great with your furniture. Looks Terrific!